Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Staying Positive While at Work

Like a lot of people out there I work in an office with people who have different personalities and ways of dealing with stress. It can be hard when in a professional environment to not let the attitudes and behaviors of the people around you affect you. I know that I am highly affected by whether or not the people I share an office with are in a good or bad mood.  At times it can feel like my mood is too greatly tied up to theirs.  I also know that I have been the cause at times of negative emotions in the office based on how I was feeling or how I was reacting to things that happen at work.

What are some of the ways that we can avoid being caught up in work drama while still maintaining good relationships with our co-workers? I’m fortunate enough to be able to listen to my headphones at my desk. When I feel like the mood of the office is becoming stressful I can simply listen to my music or inspirational speakers. I love Hay House Radio for this.  Anther way that I stay positive at work is to make sure that I have positive influences on my desk. All around my monitor and the wall I face are inspirational quotes. I could also add some pictures and art work to brighten up the mood.  I invite you to find your own way to get centered while dealing with various personalities and moods in your workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment