Sunday, October 30, 2011

Celebrating the Journey

This week I learned an important lesson about celebrating your success. I think we get so used to looking at the big picture that we forget all the very important steps that go in to getting us there. This past week I made two very important contacts but yet for a while all I could focus on was not having the numbers I wanted at a workshop I'd given. It took my going to a Woman's circle and doing an exercise about gratitude for it to really dawn on my how much I'd gained.
 
In life I know that it's been a tendency of mine to look towards the future instead of celebrating the now. Over and over again I have been reminded this week that it's all about the journey. The more I focused on the journey this week, and the success I'd made on my path the more things opened up for me and I began to enjoy my business. I was no longer waiting for things to take off and be a success but I was seeing things take off right before my eyes. I got to feel the energy and see the momentum in action, and I also know that this is just the beginning. There will be other success along the way that will build, and I want to make sure that I am present and focused on all of them.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an inspiring post - the perfect thing to wake up to this Sunday morning! I can definitely get weighed down by what "isn't here" or "isn't happening" as if I know what is going to happen in the future or what is already in the works. I am constantly surprised by the gifts and blessings that show up in my life - and they rarely come in the form that I think they will or should. I will remember to be grateful today and to take time to appreciate everything and everyone who is contributing to my incredible journey.

    ReplyDelete