Sunday, November 13, 2011

Perfect Timing

This past week I turned 29 in beautiful Puerto Rico on vacation with my boyfriend, and I was torn between feeling incredibly grateful for the experience and thinking about all the things that I thought I would have already accomplished by 30.  One of the biggest things being, getting married and having children, growing up I always told myself that I would have my first child by 26. That is when my mother had me and it seemed like the perfect age. Then 26 rolls around and I feel nowhere near ready to take on that kind of responsibility. In fact if I had gotten pregnant at 26 it would have felt a lot like teen pregnancy, there were still l so many things that I wanted to figure out about myself and life.
Even now there are still tons of things that I want to accomplish in my career and life but I have this nagging feeling about not reaching the goal I set out to accomplish on my timeline.  When setting goals how much attention do we give to things working out in our timing? Now I haven’t given up on my goal but I know that I need to release my anxiety about it working out on a certain time table and leave it in the hands of the universe, which is so hard and yet so simple.
I go forward now in the last year of my twenties, giving my full attention to my goal yet knowing that it will work out in the perfect timing. Releasing my stress about what hasn’t been accomplished by being grateful for what has. One of things that I like to do when I get down is list all the things that I’ve manifested in the past year. So I invite you all to try it because when we take a look back at all the wonderful things we accomplished we can move into the present with confidence and most of all joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment