Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting Back on Track

Lately I've been feeling as though I am letting some of the goals I set for myself slip. I had to take a real good look at whether or not I was holding myself accountable for the things I said I wanted to create. Now I could and at times I have let myself off the hook because other areas of my life were going well. But if I take a good look at what I say I want then I know it incorporates all aspects and all the goals that I set for myself not just a few of them.
So now that I've held up the mirror and I had a conversation with myself about where I have let things slide. How do I get back on track? I think one place to start is to really think about the goals I let slip and why I set these goals in the first place. At one point these were all things that I wanted, so now I need to get back in touch with why. 
 
Ok so now that I'm back in touch with my motivation I know that it's not going to just magically happen. For me one of the things that has always worked was setting a schedule with completion dates. Yes, I have the bigger completion date on all my goals but now it's time to break it down into bite size pieces. For me making a schedule is key and also sharing that schedule with someone else. An accountability partner will help you stick to your schedule. I know back in school I wasn't about to do homework that wasn't going to be checked by the teacher. And that's what an accountability partner provides, it can be a coach, a friend, or a family member, just make sure it someone who isn't going to let you off the hook. Yes I'm completing the goals for me but it always gives me a little push when I think about having to tell someone that I didn't complete what I said I was going to

No comments:

Post a Comment